Motor Vehicle

License Plates

Residents of San Miguel County can license vehicles at the Clerk and Recorder's Office in the Courthouse in San Miguel County. The State of Colorado levies a 2.9% sales tax on all motor vehicle sales, including trailers, occurring in or out of state.

Vehicles can also be licensed at the Glockson Building in Norwood at 1120 Summit Street on Tuesday only.

For information on purchasing, selling or registering a vehicle, go to Colorado Department of Revenue or call us at 970-728-3954.

Cancelling Your License Plates

Colorado DRIVES System

The Colorado Department of Revenue has successfully implemented the rollout of its new online DRIVES system, which has significantly improved the range of online services. Visit myDMV to get started!