On May 1, 2008, the San Miguel County County Clerk and Recorder’s Office made certain recorded documents available for free public viewing via the San Miguel County website. Such publicly viewable recorded documents will not include documents that are not eligible for public disclosure under the Colorado Open Records Act, such as sensitive DD214 military records, criminal justice records, marriage licenses or election records.
The San Miguel County Clerk and Recorder’s Office has made reasonable efforts to redact sensitive information including social security numbers and birth dates from those documents made available for public viewing on the County website.
If you have any questions regarding any personal information on those recorded public records that are viewable via the County website, please come by the Recording Office in the Courthouse.
- $10 for the 1st page, plus $3 surcharge per document ($13 total) and $5 each per subsequent page, per document for General Real Estate Recording
- $0.10 per $1,000 on the document for State Documentary Fee beginning at $501 if applicable on property exchanges
- $15 per page plus $3 surcharge per document for
platsrecorded in Real Estate
- $25 for 1st page and $15 for each additional page in Surveyor's Records
- $13 for UCC documents 1 to 2 pages and must have property on document
- $18 for UCC documents of 3 pages or more and must have property on document
- $0.25 additional for each mining claim plus general recording fees
eRecording is available through several providers. Please call the indicated number, presented in alphabetical order, for more information:
- Corporation Service Co (CSC) - 866-652-0111
- eRecording Partners Network - 800-460-5657
- SimpliFile - 800-460-5657
All requests require a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Pricing is as follows:
- $0.25 per page for recorded documents; all requests must be full documents
- $5 per page for plats
- $2 for copy of marriage license
- $0.25 per page for Monument records or any other unrecorded copies
- $1 per certification plus copy fees
- $1 per page for fax or email delivery; all requests must be full documents