SAN MIGUEL COUNTY RECORDING OFFICE SERVICES DURING COVID-19
**Updated July 7, 2020
RECORDING SERVICES ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE BY MAIL OR APPOINTMENT ONLY. MAKE AN APPOINTMENT BY CALLING 970-728-3954. MAIL ANY DOCUMENTS FOR RECORDING TO:
PO BOX 548, TELLURIDE, CO 81435 (USPS) or 305 W. COLORADO AVE., TELLURIDE, CO 81435 (UPS/FEDEX)
PUBLIC RECORD SEARCHES CAN BE DONE ONLINE AT WWW.THECOUNTYRECORDER.COM.
Recorded document index information and images are available to view online at www.thecountyrecorder.com. Documents from 1975 to present are currently available. Copies of documents not available online can be purchased via phone or email order. Document fees are as follows:
- .25/per page for hard copy recorded documents/ $1 per page for emailed recorded documents. Emailed documents must be full documents.
- $5/per page for plat maps (24x36) / $2 per page for plat maps (11x17) *Prices for hard copy or emailed plats. Emailed documents must be full documents.
- .25/ per page for Monument records or any other unrecorded document copies
- $2 for Marriage License copies
- $1 certification fee for any copies requiring certification
** Payment can be made by check, cash or credit card. Additional fees apply with credit card payment.
Copy requests should be made by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 970-728-3954
- $10 for the 1st page, plus $3 surcharge per document ($13 total) and $5 each per subsequent page, per document for General Real Estate Recording
- $0.10 per $1,000 on the document for State Documentary Fee beginning at $501 if applicable on property exchanges
- $15 per page plus $3 surcharge per document for plats recorded in Real Estate
- $25 for 1st page and $10 for each additional page in Surveyor’s Records
- $13 for UCC documents 1 to 2 pages and must have property on document
- $18 for UCC documents of 3 pages or more and must have property on document
- $0.25 additional for each mining claim plus general recording fees
eRecording is available through several providers. Please call the indicated number, presented in alphabetical order, for more information:
- Corporation Service Co (CSC) - 866-652-0111
- eRecording Partners Network - 800-460-5657
- Indecomm – 877-272-5250
- SimpliFile - 800-460-5657
The goal of our office to provide as much public information to citizens as possible, including procedural aspects of our office. However:
Staff cannot provide legal advice. This includes assisting or advising what documents to record, completing the documents, or assessing the legality or correctness of a document.
Only persons licensed to practice law can give legal advice. If legal assistance is required, contact an attorney, legal adviser or review the Colorado Revised Statutes available at the library or at Colorado’s official state web portal.
The Clerk’s Office does not provide forms. They may be obtained from an office supply store.