A sheriff sale is an auction sale of property held by the Sheriff pursuant to a writ (court order) of execution (to seize and sell the property) to satisfy (pay) a judgment, after notice to the public.
The civil unit holds foreclosure and execution sales for both real estate and personal property on an ongoing basis. It may also be helpful to know that:
- Bid amounts for each sale are due by noon two days prior to the sale.
- Sales which are continued to a later date will be re-entered. Likewise, any cancellations will be noted on the original sale date.
- All sales are held at 10:00 a.m. on the front steps of the San Miguel County Court House, 305 W Colorado Ave. Telluride, CO 81435.
- If you would like to bid at a sale, please arrive 5-10 minutes prior.
- The winning bidder will be required to sign a sale agreement stating that they will return within a specified time (usually within two hours) with payment. Payment must consist of cash or certified funds for the entire bid amount.
General questions or inquiries can be directed to the Civil Deputy: 970-728-4442 option 4 or email the Civil Deputy