San Miguel Basin Fair and Rodeo
San Miguel Basin Fair
The San Miguel Basin Fair takes place every summer at the San Miguel County Fairgrounds in Norwood. The Fair Board has established volunteer committees to assist with planning for the annual event. We encourage community participation and also offer a $500 scholarship to qualifying high school seniors. Please download and complete the fillable PDF form, and return to the Fair Board. For more information, please contact Regan Snyder at Regan Snyder Email.
Please visit the San Miguel Basin Fair Board page for board members and contact info.
San Miguel Basin Rodeo
The Norwood Roping Club coordinates the annual rodeo, which usually takes place the weekend after the fair. The 2021 Rodeo will take place on July 30th and 31st. Visit the San Miguel Basin rodeo website for schedule details and to purchase tickets.
General Fair and Rodeo
- The 2021 Fair has been scheduled for July 10-18. Unfortunately, the circus that was scheduled for July 10th has been cancelled.
- The Junior Livestock Sale will take place on July 17 at 2:00 p.m. and buyers are requested to register in advance with Regan Snyder no later than July 15. Regan can be reached at 970-201-8392.
- The rodeo has been scheduled for July 30-31.
- 2021 Fair Schedule (PDF)
- 2021 Fair Book and Rules (PDF)
- Become a sponsor! Complete the Fair Sponsorship Form.
We are incredibly proud of all of our 4-H and FFA kids for their dedication and perseverance during these challenging times. We would also like to thank all of the community-members and businesses that continually step up to support these kids, either through sponsorships or through the purchase of livestock - we can’t thank you enough!