San Miguel Basin Fair and Rodeo
The San Miguel Basin Fair and Rodeo takes place every summer at the San Miguel County Fairgrounds in Norwood. The Fair Board has established volunteer committees to assist with planning for the annual event. We encourage community participation and also offer a $500 scholarship to qualifying high school seniors. The application can be found in the Document Center (PDF). For more information, please contact Regan Snyder at Regan Snyder Email.
Please visit the San Miguel Basin Fair Board page for board members and contact info.
General Fair and Rodeo
The Fair will take place the week of July 13th. The NMRA Rodeo performances will be Friday and Saturday, July 26th and 27th, at 7:00 pm. Telluride Express has sponsored a free shuttle for the first 100 people from Telluride to Norwood for the Rodeo both nights. It will board at the San Miguel County Courthouse in Telluride at 4:45 pm and depart for Norwood at 5:00 pm. To return, it will board at the bus stop next to the Fairgrounds in Norwood at 9:45 pm and depart for Telluride at 10:00 pm.
You can purchase rodeo tickets in advance at https://www.rodeoticket.com/rodeos/san-miguel-basin-rodeo/2019/tickets.
- Stall Reservation For Rodeo Contestants (Online Fillable Form)
- 2019 Fair Rule Book (PDF)
- 2019 Fair Schedule (PDF)
- 2019 Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
The Junior Rodeo will be Friday, July 26th, at 10:00 am.
- Junior Rodeo Rules (PDF)
- 2019 Junior Rodeo Entry Form (PDF)
- 2019 Junior Rodeo Entry Form (Online Fillable Form)
- July 26 Mutton Busting Entry Form (Online Fillable Form)
- July 26 Calf Riding Entry Form (Online Fillable Form)
- July 27 Mutton Busting Entry Form (Online Fillable Form)
- July 27 Calf Riding Entry Form (Online Fillable Form)