rite to an Inmate
Inmates can send and receive mail. To write an inmate:
- Include a return name and address
- No stickers, glossy paper, laminated products, crayons, lipstick or cutouts from magazines are allowed
- Greeting cards must be plain – no foil, glue, felt, glitter, music, etc.
- Unacceptable items will be returned to the sender or placed in the inmate’s property
- Personal property will not be accepted
- Paperback books and magazines of appropriate content must come directly from the publisher (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc).
- Publications or other items may not be ordered if this facility is listed as the billing address
- You are not allowed to send writing materials like envelopes and stamps to the inmate. They can buy those at the commissary. Indigent inmates are given writing materials and envelopes to mail two personal letters per week
- Jail staff will not send inmates messages on your behalf
- All correspondence will be scanned and inspected for contraband, except mail that is clearly marked “Legal Mail.”
Inmate-to-inmate mail is NOT allowed.
Mailing Address: INMATE FIRST AND LAST NAME, SAN MIGUEL COUNTY JAIL, 684 CR 63L, TELLURIDE, CO 81435