Services Provided

Our office can assist with the following:

  • Emergency Assistance funds for qualifying veterans
  • Assistance with filling out forms and paperwork
  • Benefits Representation
  • Burial benefits and funeral benefits
  • Colorado State and Veterans Nursing Homes
  • Colorado States Veterans Cemetery
  • Community Outreach and Advocacy
  • DD214 and Medals Request
  • Disability compensation
  • Education and training
  • Employment Assistance
  • Filing VA claims and appeals
  • Headstones and markers
  • Healthcare enrollment
  • Home loans
  • Incarcerated Veterans and Homeless Veterans Initiatives
  • Life insurance
  • Memorial benefits
  • Nursing home care
  • Operation Recognition
  • Pension
  • Replacement of military records, medals and awards
  • SMC (Special Monthly Compensation) Schedule L Pension with Aid and Attendance Allowance
  • Survivor benefits
  • Veterans Employment Preference and Benefit Letters
  • Vocational rehabilitation and employment
  • Women Veterans Programs

Decorative item (PNG)

Colorado Service-Connected Veterans Benefits

  • Military and Veteran License Plates: There are currently 38 different types of Military license plates available through the Division of Motor Vehicles Military License Plates web page.
  • Small Game Hunting and Fishing License: Free lifetime combination small-game hunting and fishing license for veterans with a service-connected disability of 60% or more.
  • The State of Colorado has Property-Tax Programs for eligible Seniors, Active Military Personnel, and Disabled Veterans. These programs are described on the Colorado Department of the Treasury Senior and Veteran Property-Tax Programs web page.
    • Disabled Veterans who qualify for the property tax exemption must submit an application to the County Assessor between January 1st and July 1st of the year you qualify. For disabled veterans who qualify (100 percent permanent and total disability rating as a result of a service-connected disability), 50 percent of the first $200,000 of actual value of the veteran's primary residence is exempted. Owners of multiple residences may only designate one property as their primary residence. The Applicant must be a disabled veteran who has been rated by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs as permanently disabled.