County COVID-19 Information
Informational Tabs (click on them to expand)
- Lodging Info [New!]
- Public Health Orders [New!]
- Public Health Phases
- Antibody Blood Test Info
- Posters for Public Use
- Contact Us
Dear lodging proprietors,
In an effort to minimize and prevent the spread of COVID-19, San Miguel County is allowing only 25% of lodging bookings from June 1 through June 21st. Before you may welcome guests, you must complete and receive confirmation of your plans, via the Lodging Verification Form. Other materials are attached to assist you in successfully completing that form. Thank you in advance for keeping San Miguel County’s resident and visitors safe!
We suggest that you complete the forms in the following order:
- Read the Public Health Order #2020-06 Appendix A.
- Review and complete the Business Safety Plan checklist
- Review the cleaning training information below that we have put together to help prepare your staff. We’re still ramping up our San Miguel county COVID-19 Health Educator training, but will announce when that is ready to all businesses in the county. All cleaning staff should complete the training, or at a minimum watch and read the Vacation rental and CDC cleaning guideline documents to verify understanding of all of the information contained before completing the Lodging Verification form.
- Post the 5 agreements poster in your rooms and common spaces
- Complete the Lodging Verification Form
The Lodging Committee has sent a pre-arrival letter template to all lodging proprietors to send to their guests. The template and supporting documentation can also be found here for reference.
State of Colorado Safer at Home Order
Governor Polis’ “Safer at Home” order is now in effect until July 1st. San Miguel County is fully in alignment with all current Colorado’s Executive and Public Health Orders except as specifically set forth below regarding Short Term Lodging. For additional information and guidance on the current state orders, please visit the State’s Public Health and Executive Order Resources page. For industry-specific questions, visit the Safer at Home page.
County Public Health Orders
- [New!] Public Health Order 2020-06 (PDF) (Effective June 1, 2020)
- [New!] PHO 20-06 Appendix A Lodging Sector Protocol and Operating Standards (PDF) (Effective June 1, 2020)
- Local Disaster Emergency Declaration Extension April 30, 2020 (PDF)
What does the Public Health Order in effect mean for me?
- Most industries are now open, some with limits and restrictions. Currently, San Miguel County is aligned with the State, with the exception of short-term rentals.
- Safer at home means people are no longer ordered to stay home but strongly encouraged to stay at home as much as possible.
- Please take high-touch surfaces into consideration when recreating, and bring hand-sanitizer with you.
- Wear a face mask when in public
- Practice physical distancing (at least 6 feet apart)
- Limit non-essential travel and recreate within your community
- Limit interactions with people outside of your household
- Limit gatherings to no more than 10 people
- Stay home when sick
- Refer to the State of Colorado’s Safer At Order for guidance for specific industries.
Final cumulative blood test results from Round One of testing.
Antibody Blood Test Statistics and Demographics
Antibody Blood Test Schedule
Second-round testing has been delayed. However, San Miguel County and UBI are still committed to processing tests and initiating the second round of tests. Details will be released as they become available.
Negative Test Results
We have compiled two spreadsheets of all of the sample numbers that came back negative - one for those who filled out the registration form in English, and one for those who filled out the registration form in Spanish. These spreadsheets are searchable using ctrl + f, and your sample number was on your blood draw paperwork. Please DO NOT call the hotline asking for your sample number. Our staff does NOT have access to that information.
Hemos compilado dos hojas de cálculo de todos los números de muestra que resultaron negativos: uno para los que completaron el formulario de registro en inglés y otro para los que completaron el formulario de registro en español. Estas hojas de cálculo se pueden buscar usando ctrl + f, y su número de muestra estaba en su papeleo de extracción de sangre. NO llame a la línea directa para solicitar su número de muestra. Nuestro personal NO tiene acceso a esa información.
These posters are available for public use - please download, print, and display in your place of business. Also, see the DIY Face Covering Instructions from the CDC (PDF) and the CDC Stop the Spread of Germs poster (PDF).
**For best results, please DOWNLOAD the poster first before printing. Printing directly from the web-browser preview may result in incorrect sizes**
State of Colorado
Finding More Information
|San Miguel Public Health Department Issues New Public Health Order|
(May 29, 2020) San Miguel County Public Health, with the support of the Board of Health, issued a new Public Health Order that will go into effect at midnight on June 1, and will be more aligned with the State’s new Executive Order that was announced earlier in the week by Governor Polis. Read On...
A Letter from Grace Franklin: COVID and Summer Safety
(May 20, 2020) School is out, and summer is right around the corner. But COVID-19 is still around, and it loves to “hitchhike.” So how does that look for Memorial Day barbeques, camping trips, hiking, biking and basically enjoying your summer while still protecting yourself and your loved ones?You can and should do all of these activities, just make some modifications for best practices during this pandemic. Read On...Public Health Announces Loosening Restrictions
(May 12, 2020) Public Health Officials announced plans to continue to align with the State’s orders at a special meeting of the Board of County Commissioners today. Read On...