Community Resources and Assistance
San Miguel County
The CARES Act
Property Tax Payment Update
- Telluride Regional Medical Center (Telluride): 970-728-3848. Patients can also contact their provider through the portal at tellmed.org.
- Uncompahgre Medical Center (Norwood): 970-327-4233
- To offer items of assistance- email: email@example.com
- Sign up to volunteer
- If you are in need of assistance, financial or otherwise, Tri-County Health Network will do their best to point you in the right direction. Please fill out their COVID-19 Help Request Form.
- Grocery stores will remain open. Clark’s has a special time for those 60 and older
- Food Bank
- Norwood area food help
- San Miguel County Food Resources
- Basic food/cash assistance (San Miguel County Social Services) - Also has child and adult protection
- Home Delivered Meals for 60+ and vulnerable under 60 - TCHNetwork is coordinating home-delivered meals in Telluride for people who are over the age of 60 or under 60 with a disability or a chronic condition in partnership with San Miguel Social Services, Region 10 and La Cocina de Luz.
- Hunger Free Colorado - Food resources during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP)
- Second Chance Humane Society Pet Pantry - free dog and cat food (and limited additional supplies) for people experiencing economic hardship, delivered to the home or distributed through the Angel Basket Food Pantry. Call the Second Chance Humane Shelter at 970-626-2273 for more information.
- Telluride Humane Society Pet Emergency Assistance Fund - Assistance includes cat and dog food at no cost; Frontline medicines and essential cat and dog vaccinations at no cost; and assistance with essential cat and dog medical care. View the press release (PDF) for more details.
- Resources for Those Facing Eviction, Foreclosure, or Non-Payment of Utility Bills (PDF)
- Homeowner foreclosure prevention
- Telluride Housing Relief Assistance Fund - For citizens living in the R1 school district. Will cover up to 50% of rent or mortgage with a maximum award is $1,000
- Good Neighbor Fund
- Energy Outreach Colorado
- Colorado Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
- San Miguel Power Association
- Black Hills Energy
Individual Financial Resources
- Colorado Unemployment
- Onward Colorado
- Colorado PEAK
- One Fair Wage Emergency Fund - Tipped and hourly workers - Providing cash assistance to restaurant workers, car service drivers, delivery workers, personal service workers and more who need the money they aren’t getting to survive.
- San Miguel County info on COVID-19
- State of Colorado info on COVID-19
- County Hotline to ask non-medical questions for clarification of the orders: 970-728-3844
- CO Hotline for general questions about COVID-19: 1-877-462-2911
- 2-1-1 Colorado: a confidential and multilingual service connecting people across the State of Colorado to vital resources in their local community. Dial 2-1-1, text your Zip Code to 898-211, or find them online at 211colorado.org.
- The Telluride Foundation has created a COVID-19 Regional Response Fund that will rapidly deploy resources to community-based organizations at the front lines of the outbreak and vulnerable individuals and families directly impacted in the Telluride region, including San Miguel, Ouray, west Montrose counties and Rico.
- To make a donation to those in need: https://telluridefoundation.org/responsefund/
- Domestic Violence/Sex assault resources
- Behavioral health/mental health assistance
- Center for Mental Health
- Colorado Legal Services for low-income persons and vulnerable populations
Colorado Office of Early Childhood
- Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) - The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) helps families that are homeless, working, searching for work or in school find low-income child care assistance. Families that are enrolled in the Colorado Works Program can also use CCCAP services.