Citizen's Weed Advisory Board
CRS 35-5.5-107 (2017) sets forth the following rules pertaining to a county weed advisory board:
(1) The governing body of each county and municipality shall appoint a local advisory board. The local governing body, at its sole option, may appoint itself, or a commission of landowners, to act as the local advisory board for that jurisdiction. The members of each local advisory board shall be residents of the unincorporated portion of the county or residents of the municipality, as the case may be, and in the case of a county, at least a majority of the members of the local advisory board shall be landowners of over forty acres.
(2) In the event a county or municipality elects to cooperate with another county or municipality for any of the purposes set forth in this article, the membership of the local advisory board shall be determined by the governing bodies of such cooperating local governments.
(3) Each local advisory board shall annually elect a chairman and secretary. A majority of the members of the board shall constitute a quorum for the conduct of business.
(4) Local advisory boards shall have the power and duty to:
(a) Develop a recommended management plan for the integrated management of designated noxious weeds and recommended management criteria for noxious weeds within the area governed by the local government or governments appointing the local advisory board. The management plan shall be reviewed at regular intervals but not less often than once every three years by the local advisory board. The management plan and any amendments made thereto shall be transmitted to the local governing body for approval, modification, or rejection.
(b) Declare noxious weeds and any state noxious weeds designated by rule to be subject to integrated management;
(c) Recommend to the local governing body that identified landowners be required to submit an individual integrated management plan to manage noxious weeds on their property.
(5) The local governing body shall have the sole and final authority to approve, modify, or reject the management plan, management criteria, management practice, and any other decision or recommendation of the local advisory board.
(6) The state weed coordinator shall review any recommendations of a local advisory board appointed pursuant to article 5 of this title and note any inconsistencies between the recommendations of the state weed coordinator or the commissioner and any such local advisory board.