Due to the infectious nature of public safety, our office requires the following vaccinations in order to protect the safety of staff, inmates and the community: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Tetanus (within 10 years).
Operations Deputy Sheriff
The San Miguel County Sheriff’s Office is looking for community service-orientated peace officers with the ability to work alone or in small teams in a diverse mountainous rural setting. San Miguel County is home to the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort and offers much for the outdoor enthusiast and some of the most beautiful scenery in the lower 48 states.
The ideal applicant will be:
- Career-oriented (several of our employees have been with us for 20, 30 even 40 years) and will have a record that demonstrates the ability to be a calm team member in routine peacekeeping;
- Be in excellent physical condition and willing to be trained and participate in patrol duties and mountain rescue operations in severe weather;
- Be available to be on call for emergency and routine calls;
- Be willing to accept any other assignments that Colorado Statutes require the Sheriff to perform.
- Housing allowance of $800 - $1,200 for applicants who live in a response zone (San Miguel County or the West End of Montrose County to Redvale).
- Take-home car available for those living out of county within 70 miles (Montrose, Cortez).
- Colorado POST Certificate required (Peace Officer Standard Training) or, if certified in another state, be able to be certified in Colorado. Will consider putting the right candidate through the P.O.S.T. Academy.
Applicants must be willing to move and become residents of San Miguel County (or live nearby in designated response areas, Telluride, Norwood, Redvale, Egnar).
Colorado POST Certificate required (Peace Officer Standard Training) or, if certified in another state, be able to be certified in Colorado.
Our office requires the following vaccinations in order to protect the safety of staff, inmates and the community: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Tetanus (within 10 years).
Starting Pay is $62,524 - $67,329 dependent on experience and training.
To apply, please submit an online application.
Corrections and Communications Specialist (CCS) Deputy
Are you looking for a career in law enforcement that allows you to work with a team in an exciting and essential environment? The San Miguel County Sheriff’s Office, outside of Telluride, Colorado, is accepting resumes for a Deputy Sheriff working in the areas of corrections, emergency dispatch, and court protection.
Previous experience is not required, but advanced compensation is available for education or experience in this or a related field, including military experience. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, interact well with the public, and have good written and verbal skills. Typing skills are a plus. Shift work and holidays are required. Applicants must be 18 or older and successfully pass a background check. Tetanus, and Hepatitis A & B vaccines are required for employment.
A generous benefits package is available to all full-time county employees, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and retirement. No-cost, offsite housing in nearby Mountain Village is available for deputies who commute.
Starting Pay is $61,006 dependent on experience and training. For more information, visit the Jobs page on the county website.
San Miguel County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please submit an online application.