- Emergency Management
- San Miguel County Alert and Warning
San Miguel County Alert and Warning
PARA ESPAÑOL: ELIJA LA OPCIÓN DE ESPAÑOL EN EL TRADUCTOR DE LA ESQUINA INFERIOR DERECHA.
San Miguel County public safety officials are launching a new mass notification system called San Miguel County Alert and Warning - powered by Genasys® Emergency Management (GEM). San Miguel County (SMC) Alert and Warning will be used to communicate critical information including road closures, evacuation orders, wildfire information, and more.
The new system will officially replace the previous CodeRED emergency alert system – you must create an account in the new system to make sure your information is up to date. Officials encourage members of the community to sign up for the new system and add your home and/or local work addresses as soon as possible.
All residents are encouraged to sign up for SMC alerts by visiting the registration portal. Troubleshooting tips are below if you get a message that your phone number/email is already registered.
- Link to the GEM Account Login page for returning users
- Link to the Registration page for new users
- Registration Instructions (PDF)
- Instrucciones de registro (PDF)
- SMC Alert and Warning Press Release (PDF)
- Comunicado de prensa sobre alertas y avisos del SMC (PDF)
- Shannon Armstrong at 970-369-8628 or email@example.com
Registration Error Troubleshooting
Are you trying to register but receiving an error similar to the below? Click on the Forgot my Password? link to reset your password using your phone number that can receive text messages, or an email. You will receive a text or email with a link to reset. Once it has been reset, try to log in again using the new password. Video instructions are below.
Password Reset and Account Setup Instructions - YouTube Videos
- What is the San Miguel County Alert and Warning System?
- What types of notifications will I receive from GEM?
- How do I register?
- How will I know if a phone call, email, or text is coming from San Miguel County Alert and Warning?
- Who can register?
- Are there instructions to register?
- I am already signed up for CodeRED. Do I need to re-register?
- Are there options to receive alerts in another language?
- Do I need to provide an address or location?
- What if I live in another county but work or play in San Miguel County?
- Will my contact information be shared with others?
- What are some reasons alerts from San Miguel County Alerts may not be delivered to me?
- My contact information has changed, how do I update it?
- How do I remove my information from the system?
- I am having trouble signing up – who can I call for assistance?