Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The full application can be found here or on the San Miguel Basin Fair and Rodeo page.
According to the application:
The role of the San Miguel Basin Rodeo Royalty is to promote and represent the San Miguel Basin Rodeo and County Fair. Applicants must reside in San Miguel County or west Montrose County and be between 25 and 8-years-old as of January 1, 2018. Applicants will be judged based on their personality, knowledge of rodeo, understanding of agriculture, community involvement and public speaking abilities. Successful applicants will have the following qualities, abilities, and expectations:
1. Demonstrate leadership skills in the San Miguel Basin community and promote the local western heritage and way of life.
2. Exhibit the highest level of sportsmanship.
3. Possess high moral and ethical character.
4. Practice careful and humane treatment of animals.
5. Understand the sport of rodeo and the events of the San Miguel Basin County Fair.
6. Have the ability to speak intelligently, with dignity and sincerity to explain and promote the fair and rodeo.
7. Be able to travel and attend local parades such as Nucla Water Days, Norwood Star Spangled Saturday and Telluride’s Fourth of July Parades.
8. Volunteer during the fair and rodeo by assisting show superintendents, handing out ribbons during shows, participating in the grand entry and packing sponsor flags horseback during the San Miguel Basin Rodeo performances.
9. Applicants are not required to ride horses; however, preference will be given to applicants who possess horsemanship skills.
Applications are due in hand by March 30, 2018
San Miguel Basin Fair Board
Attn: Regan Snyder
PO Box 130 Norwood, CO 81423
Or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or questions, please call Regan Snyder 970-210-3447
Interviews will be held in April and APPLICANTS MUST BE DRESSED IN WESTERN ATTIRE.