How can I obtain a copy of my discharge papers?

Copies of Discharge Documents, Service Medical Records, Official Military Personnel File, and replacement medals can be requested through the National Archives. You may request them on your own or you can contact our office and we will assist you with your request.  The Veterans Service Office can send a request to the Military Archives Center in St. Louis, MO for a certified copy of your military records. Replacement records can take a lengthy amount of time to obtain. In some cases, the records are not available at the Records Center and must be constructed from military units, facilities, etc.

Show All Answers

1. Are we the Department of Veteran Affairs?
2. What am I eligible for?
3. What if I have a less than Honorable Discharge?
4. Where is the nearest Vet Center?
5. Where is the nearest VA Medical Center?
6. Where can I find nearby Tri-Care Providers?
7. How can I obtain a copy of my discharge papers?
8. How do I update my address and telephone number?
9. How can I change my VA direct deposit?
10. What is service-connected disability?
11. What Special Monthly Compensation (SMC) Awards exist?
12. What is the Veterans Pension benefit?
13. What GI Bill/Veterans Education benefit program is right for me?
14. Where are nearby Veterans Cemeteries?
15. Where are nearby Colorado State Veterans Nursing Homes?
16. Where can I get VA or State Vocational Rehab services?